Looking to build on their popular G-Series line of pistols, Taurus launches the G3c.
Taurus is hitting the concealed carry market hard in 2020 by expanding its noted G-series line of polymer-frame, striker-fired pistols with the next-generation G3c compact 9mm.
In planning the newest model in their G-series line of compact handguns, Taurus engineers worked to retain and refine the key attributes that made the G2c so popular while simultaneously integrating new features to enhance overall performance, durability, and customization potential.
Here’s what’s new:
- Slide Design: The G3c upgrades begin with the slide. The standard rear serrations are now accompanied by serrations at the front of the slide to provide a more tactile surface area for a more positive grip. This makes slide manipulation and press checks easier regardless of operating style or hand size. A visual chamber indicator replaces the mechanical indicator found on the G2c, reducing parts and streamlining the slide profile.
- All-Weather Finish: To provide longer wear resistance and better corrosion protection from environmental conditions, the G3c slide is treated with a proven Tenifer finish. The Tenifer finish delivers more robust surface integrity to minimize scuffing and maximize corrosion resistance.
- New Trigger System: A redesigned flat trigger face concentrates finger pressure on the front of the shoe for a straighter pull while a shorter trigger reset delivers quicker follow-up shots, reduces sight alignment disturbance, and minimizes the tendency to jerk the trigger.
- Ergonomic Frame and Mag: The ergonomic grip profile, with its expertly contoured palm swell, highly textured grip panels, memory pads for precise, repeatable finger/hand placement, and sculpted extended base plate provide a glove-like fit for most shooters hands to better promote accuracy and firearm retention.
- Sights and More: All-steel front and rear sights that are designed to withstand the rigors of daily carry. The rear sight is serrated to reduce glare and quicken sight picture acquisition, while drift adjustability allows the shooter to fine-tune the point-of-impact.
The Taurus G3c comes standard with three 12-round magazines or three 10-round magazines. Fifteen- and 17-round G3c magazines will also be available for customers who desire even higher capacity. Scallops are now included with G3c magazine extension. These are designed to assist in tactical magazine changes should dust or grit prevent the magazine from dropping freely when depressing the mag release.
Caliber: 9mm Luger
Capacity: 10- or 12-round
Slide Finish: Matte black
Firing System: Single action with restrike capability
Safety: Manual, trigger safety, striker block, and loaded chamber indicator
Sights Front: Fixed (white dot)
Sights Rear: Drift adjustable (white dots), serrated ramp
Slide Material: Alloy steel
Overall Length: 6.3″
Overall Width: 1.2″
Overall Height: 5.1″
Barrel Length: 3.2″ (stainless steel)
Weight: 22 oz. (unloaded)
Magazines Included: 3×10 or 3×12
Additional Feature: Picatinny Rail (Mil-STD 1913)
Ready to Carry
Working with Taurus in the months leading up to the G3c launch, CrossBreed’s production staff worked to ensure customers would have holsters ready to carry the newest pistol in the G-series line of guns!
The following productsare available now:
- Reckoning (Holster, System, and Limited Edition)
- Reckoning Upgrade Kit
- Hybrid MT2
- Freedom Carry
- Purse Defender
- Pac Mat
- Ohai Mag Carrier
- IWB Mag Carrier – Single and Dual
- OWB Mag Carrier – Single and Dual
- The Accomplice Mag Carrier
What Say You?
What do you think of the new Taurus G3c? Will you be looking for one when they hit gun store shelves?
Sound off in the comments, we want to hear from you!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Jenn Jacques is a fierce 2A defender, concealed carry advocate, fishing enthusiast, avid hiker, hunter, and an all-around great gal with a gun. As a former Private Detective, Jenn put those skills to good use, fighting for gun rights in her home state of Wisconsin before becoming the first female editor of a 2A/Gun News site and moving on to become a publication writer, popular multi-media guest, and respected news expert.
Jacques has completed hundreds of hours of firearms training including USCCA’s Street Encounters and Low Light/No Light Training, she is a graduate of the Gunsite Academy, and was named a S.A.F.E. Summer Local Champion of Firearm Safety by NSSF’s Project ChildSafe.
A staple in the firearms industry since 2009, Jenn is proud of her professional accomplishments and to be raising her three children with her husband John who is also an avid hunter, 2A supporter, and an amazing father.
You can find her on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or shooting at any number of gun ranges across this great country.
You may also enjoy these popular articles:
©MTC Holsters, LLC and CrossBreed Holsters Blog, 2020.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jenn Jacques and the CrossBreed Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
2 thoughts on “Taurus Expands Their G-Series Line of Pistols with the G3c”
I love my GC3 but the rear site is off. All my rounds are going left. Thats with 3 shooters. How can I correct that without holding my gun a little to the right.
From what I have seen looks great do they make a barrel and slide a little longer for the Taurus G2c 9mm? Same dimensions inside except for the length of the barrel.