Springfield Armory has officially released their newest handgun: The Hellcat™.
“This is the first step in a new direction for Springfield Armory polymer handguns and embodies our disciplined approach to modern firearms design. Every detail of the Hellcat has been shaped by a singular mission — to deliver the definitive concealed carry handgun,” says Dennis Reese, CEO of Springfield Armory.
The 9mm pistol features a patented magazine with best in class capacity of 11 + 1 and 13 + 1 with included extended magazine. Springfield designed the Hellcat specifically for everyday carry by delivering the highest capacity micro-compact with Adaptive Grip Texture and high visibility sights.
Right out of the box, the Hellcat comes with 2 magazines, a patented 11-round mag with pinky extension and a 13-round extended magazine. Springfield also includes a flush plate to provide customers with maximum concealability.
The seamless, pressure-activated grip texture on the Hellcat frame features a pattern of staggered pyramid shapes. The taller pyramids have a flattened top to ensure comfort while carrying inside the waistband and reduced wear on clothing. The shorter pyramids come to a point and are engaged when the pistol is firmly gripped.
Springfield designed the Hellcat to achieve one thing: deliver the ultimate concealed carry handgun.
- Hammer Forged Barrel: The 3″ barrel is hammer forged and Melonite™ treated for superior accuracy and durability
- Billet Machined Slide: Billet steel and Melonite treated for superior strength and corrosion resistance
- Loaded Chamber Indicator: Safely see if there is a round in the chamber
- External Extractor: Reliably ejects spent casings round after round
- Melonite™ Treated Internals: Critical internal parts are Melonite™ treated for exceptional strength and corrosion resistance
- High-Hand Extended Beavertail: Positions your hand closer to the bore axis to control muzzle flip and mitigate recoil
- Standard Accessory Rail: Customize your EDC with lights and lasers that fit on a standard accessory rail
- Forward Index Point: A forward index point with Adaptive Grip Texture is molded into the frame
- Flat Trigger: A flat trigger body with nickel boron coated trigger group creates a consistent trigger pull
- Undercut Trigger Guard: the undercut trigger guard creates a more comfortable grip and greater control while firing
- Reversible Mag Release: The single-sided magazine release can be reversed for left-handed shooters
Rear serrations run over the top of the slide for quick and easy manipulation and are designed for positive engagement. The Hellcat’s flat trigger body and nickel boron-coated trigger group provide a consistent trigger pull. A full-length guide rod and dual active recoil spring ensure reliable operation and a smooth recoil impulse. The Hellcat also features a textured stand-off device at the muzzle that ensures the pistol will fire when pressed against a target.
Optics are Everything
The Hellcat offers a paradigm-shifting approach to red dot sight integration for an EDC pistol. Offered in an Optical Sight Pistol configuration, the Hellcat OSP features a seamless cover plate that removes to allow direct mounting of a micro red dot to the slide for the lowest possible profile. The result is a micro-sized pistol weighing in at a mere 17.9 oz. with capabilities previously reserved only for full-size defensive handguns.
Complementing the optic is the U-Dot™ sight system, offered on both the OSP and standard non-optic model. It is made up of a high visibility tritium and luminescent front sight paired with a tactical rack U-notch rear. This provides a quick-to-engage sighting system ready for a wide range of lighting conditions and allows one-handed racking of the slide should the situation demand it. Additionally, the direct mount capability of the OSP allows for co-witnessing of the U-Dot sights with a red dot for ultimate instinctive target engagement.
Compact With Purpose
The Most Comfortable Holsters for EDC
CrossBreed worked in conjunction with Springfield Armory to include The Reckoning Holster in their release of the Hellcat to influencers and writers ahead of today’s launch. We are now taking orders for holsters to fit the Hellcat, including the following:
- Freedom Carry
- Appendix Carry
- Modular Belly Band
- Cargo Pocket Rocket
- The Reckoning Holster
About the Author
Jenn Jacques is a fierce defender of the Second Amendment, concealed carry advocate, fishing enthusiast, hiker, hunter, and an all-around great gal with a gun. As a former Private Detective, Jenn put those skills to good use, fighting for gun rights in her home state of Wisconsin before working as the Editor of a 2A News site, publication writer, and freelance blogger.
Jacques has hundreds of hours of firearms training under her belt including Street Encounters and Low Light/No Light Training, is a graduate of the Gunsite Academy, and was named a S.A.F.E. Summer Local Champion of Firearm Safety by the National Shooting Sports Foundation’s Project ChildSafe.
She has been a staple in the firearms industry since 2009 and is proud to be raising her three children with her husband John who is also an avid hunter, 2A supporter, and amazing father.